Thursday, September 18, 2014

Website upgrade - Volunteer opportunity this weekend - Frank Kelley Invitational next weekend

Three things to note:

• I've added a sidebar to the website with useful links. One of them is a link to results of DCL dual meets, uploaded by the Weston coach for everyone's benefit. So far our meet with Latin and the Bedford/Westford/Weston double dual are up.

• The Dudley Pond Association 5k will be held this Sunday at 1 PM. They're looking for volunteers, specifically people to call out mile splits and help direct runners on the course. Graham has helped out at this race in the past and can explain what it's like but it sounds like a good time. You can earn community service credit for volunteering at this race as well. If you're interested let me know at practice or send me a note at llayam (at) hotmail (dot) com

• Next Saturday September 27th is the Frank Kelley Invitational at the Wrentham Developmental Center. This is the same site as two of the big meets in November.  It's a good opportunity to experience the course in advance of the championship meets, as well as run against a large number of other schools. I need to submit entries by this Saturday, so I need to know if you're interested in running. As with the volunteering for the Dudley Pond 5k, let me know at practice or send me an e-mail if you want to race this meet. Important note: Due to the establishment this year of cutoff times in the various races at this meet, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to enter every team member who wants to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment