Wrentham Developmental Center.
The address is 131 Emerald Street, however the race course is located a
little further down the road, in the large field at the intersection of
Emerald Street and Shear St. This is across the street from the William
A. Rice Recreation Area.
Bus time 7:10
Please arrive a few minutes early so we can get on the road in good time.
Race Schedule and Entries:
Girls race 9 AM
Boys race 10:30
• Weather forecast:
Temperatures in the high 30s to low 40s with winds from the WNW at 10 mph. Dress appropriately including layers
when you're either waiting for your race or after having completed your
Report to the starting line 10 minutes before your race is scheduled to
start; keep your sweats on until the meet officials at the starting
line tell you to remove them. Warmups will be placed in a bag which will be brought to the tent. Two volunteers from the boys team will take the girls' warmup clothes back to the tent; two volunteers from the girls team will return the favor for the boys team.
Numbers will be assigned to you specifically for this meet; these
numbers have an RFID chip attached to the back which interacts with a
conductive mat at the finish line to record your time. The meet director
has asked that athletes who aren't racing NOT wear their bib number if
standing near the finish line; doing so can cause a false reading by the
finish line mat. Also, don't crumple or fold your bib number.
The meet staff has asked that no one do their warmup or cool down among
the buildings of the Wrentham Developmental Center, where patients are
housed. Aside from the course itself, you can warmup and cool down on the
fields across the street.
• A map of the course can be seen here. It's basically flat, with some gentle roll in places. The course is entirely on grass.
• Medals will be awarded to the top 15 finishers.
What to Bring:
• Uniform, including both jersey and team-issued shorts
• Everyday training shoes
• Racing shoes if you have them
Multiple layers of clothing including clothes to wear while warming up
and cooling down, in addition to dry warm clothes for after your race. Also, bring clothes to change into if you're returning your uniform after this meet.
• Water bottle (filled)
• Snacks for post-race (chocolate milk will be provided using proceeds from the Wayland XC Festival)
• Folding chair
• A parking fee of $5 will be collected for each car.
• We hope to return to WHS around 1 PM.
• Dogs aren't allowed on or near the course, best to leave them home.